Sunday, January 31, 2010

Apple iPad vs Kindle DX: Which is Better for Education? - PCWorld

I know there is probably already too much hype surrounding the iPad, but when I first saw it I thought it would be useful as a presentation device. It won't run powerpoint but will run iWorks and would be less cumbersome than a laptop. This article talks about it being an eTextbook reader, though at $500 I don't know how viable it would be.

Apple iPad vs Kindle DX: Which is Better for Education? - PCWorld

2 comments:

Darrell Rudmann said...

I have done presentations using my iPod Touch as a remote. It can show the Keynote slide or two if in landscape, and be swiped to advance or rewind the presentation. Of course, it has to be synced to a Mac that is rendering the slides, and the battery on the iPod runs out pretty quickly. I probably could not do two back-to-back classes this way.

So if the iPad can connect directly to the projector and has a longer battery life, then I would think it would be very good for presentations.

BLK said...

Interesting. I would like an iPad after they have a way to extend battery life. Plus, they should build in a camera, and a hookup to the iphone so you can conference. No worth $500 now for a big iPhone that you can't make calls on.